Skip to content
#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
Image: Shutterstock/Joseph

Woman suffers burn injuries after toilet explodes

The explosion’s believed to have been caused by a build-up of methane.
Sep 15th 2015, 4:22 PM 28,006 32

A SLOVENIAN WOMAN needed hospital treatment for burn injuries today after an explosion in a farm toilet believed to have been caused by a build-up of methane, police in Austria said.

“When the woman turned on the light there was a sudden explosion, leaving the woman with burn injuries on both arms, hands and her head,” a statement from Steiermark state police in southern Austria said.

They said the cause was thought to be a leak of methane from a nearby septic tank that collected inside the toilet cubicle.

A spark from the electrical circuit then caused the gas to explode.

© AFP, 2015

Read: Most of the refugees Ireland will take in EU plan will be here at Christmas >

Send a tip to the author



    Back to top