Skip to content
#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
File photo: Gyrn Goch in north-western Wales
File photo: Gyrn Goch in north-western Wales
Image: Caza_No_7 via Creative Commons

Woman dies in fume-filled tent on Welsh camping holiday

The mother-of-two was declared dead at the scene and her husband and two young children have been taken to hospital.
Aug 16th 2011, 12:29 PM 582 0

POLICE IN WALES are investigating the death of a 35-year-old woman whose family was overcome by fumes at they camped in a tent in the north-west of the country.

North Wales Police said they were called to the Gyrn Goch caravan park at around 9.30am yesterday. Ambulance services were also in attendance and the woman was declared dead at the scene.

A man and two young children, were taken to hospital. Police said the death was not being treated as suspicious and a post-mortem would be carried out. The other three people are in comfortable condition in hospital.

The woman’s husband is expected to be discharged today, according to the Derbyshire Times. The family is understood to be from Chesterfield in Derbyshire.

The Daily Post North Wales reports that other campers pulled the children from the tent when they realised something was wrong.

They family is thought to have inhaled an unidentified gas. The paper quotes local police saying they would examine a barbecue found near the tent in case it was the source of the fumes.

Send a tip to the author

Susan Ryan

COMMENTS

    Back to top