Advertisement

Readers like you keep news free for everyone.

More than 5,000 readers have already pitched in to keep free access to The Journal.

For the price of one cup of coffee each week you can help keep paywalls away.

Support us today
Not now
Sunday 5 February 2023 Dublin: -2°C
# too hot
An electric blanket sparked a fire in Dublin apartment block
Nobody was seriously injured in the fire.

PastedImage-60173 Twitter / DublinFireBrigade Twitter / DublinFireBrigade / DublinFireBrigade

DUBLIN FIRE BRIGADE successfully extinguished a fire in Tallaght last night that was caused by a faulty electric blanket.

Residents were evacuated from the apartment block on Greenhills Road with four fire units dispatched to the scene.

Firefighters say a number of people suffered minor burns but nobody was seriously injured.

PastedImage-26515 Twitter / DublinFireBrigade The fire was caused by a faulty electric blanket. Twitter / DublinFireBrigade / DublinFireBrigade

The fire caused extensive smoke damage and was one of two incidents in Tallaght Dublin Fire Brigade dealt with last night.

Elsewhere, three units of Dublin Fire Brigade were called to an electrical fire on Mount Street after a fuse box caught fire at about 7am this morning.

There were no injuries following the fire in the six storey building.

Read: An ambulance broke down during an emergency once every 33 days last year >

Read: These fire fighters delivered a baby in its mum’s car at the station >

Your Voice
Readers Comments
12