EACH WEEKDAY EVENING, TheJournal.ie brings you five things you should know before you head out the door.
1. #BANKING: AIB CEO David Duffy has told an Oireachtas committee that that four per cent of the bank’s mortgage holders are choosing not to keep up payments and are in ‘strategic default’.
2. #PRIORY HALL: In a surprising development, Minister Phil Hogan has said that his department could consider demolishing Priory Hall as part of a wider resolution for the residents.
3. #WASTE: An unauthorised dump discovered two years ago in Louth contains some 500 cubic tons of hazardous waste that could cost the State up to €500,000 to clean up.
4. #COURTS: A garda has appeared in court, charged with possession of more than 650 images of child sexual abuse, RTÉ News reports.
5. #LOOK OUT THE WINDOW: Yes, it is really sunny and hot again. And Met Éireann expects the Indian summer to continue through the week with temperatures of up to 23 degrees forecast.