WHAT’S THE STORY?
1. Two of Garth Brooks’ Croke Park concerts have been cancelled because Dublin City Council refused the necessary licences.
So, Monday and Tuesday (28 and 29 July) ticket holders are the unlucky ones.
2. The economy grew by 2.7% in the first three months of the year. That’s more good news on top of yesterday’s healthy Exchequer figures. So, will that mean fewer Budget cuts in October?
3. There was also some positive news on the jobs front with Healthier Smoker creating 80 new positions in its Waterford facility and Applegreen announcing 360 roles nationwide. Oh, and Carphone Warehouse also has 50 new jobs. Hurrah.
Source: Happy Chimps via Shutterstock
4. GSOC launched its annual report for last year this morning, outlining that it handled over 2,000 complaints about allegations of misconduct by gardaí.
There was also some talk of those security concerns – but the watchdog says it wants to move on.
5. Enda Kenny brought Primark to Germany today. Thanks, Penneys.