TheJournal.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more »
Dublin: 5 °C Tuesday 12 December, 2017
Advertisement

RTÉ investigating how 'deal with it' tweet was sent in response to Al Porter controversy

The broadcaster has also issued an apology.

RTÉ HAS SAID that it is investigating a tweet that was sent from the official RTÉ One Twitter account.

The now deleted tweet from RTÉ One was sent this afternoon and was in response to a tweet sent on Friday that was connected to the Al Porter controversy.

The offending tweet contained the word “Fee” and featured a gif image of half-naked man sliding across the screen followed by the words “DEAL WITH IT”.

The tweet which followed has also since been deleted. It simply contained the words “We could easily” and was sent to two accounts.

Both tweets remained live on the RTÉ One account for about 30 minutes before being deleted.

PastedImage-497 Source: Twitter

Asked about the sending of the tweets and about whether the RTÉ One account had been compromised, a spokesperson for RTÉ has said:

We have deleted the tweet and are investigating the matter.

RTÉ has also apologised to the individual who sent the original tweet to which the tweet being investigated was replying.

Read: RTÉ staff member due in court in Leeds charged with planning to have sex with teenage girl >

Read: RTÉ is reviewing its €13 million orchestras but it could have a fight on its hands >

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Read next:

COMMENTS

Trending Tags