A model showcases a creation by French designer Yin Yiqing in Singapore during the French Couture 2012 Singapore fashion show. (AP Photo/Wong Maye-E)
HERE ARE THE things you need to know as we round off the day in three easy steps.
THINGS WE LEARNED
#SAVITA HIQA has published details of its investigation into the death of Savita Halappanavar in Galway last month. It said the inquiry will look at the care and treatment provided to the 31-year-old, as an example of case management. It will also look at the treatment available to all pregnant women at University Hospital Galway.
#SUICIDE Console has said it will open a suicide resource centre in Kerry within the next six months. The premises will be based at the McAuley Home, Baloonagh, Tralee, and will offer suicide prevention counselling, community activities and a counselling service for people bereaved by suicide.
#ACCIDENT A man (21) died in a workplace accident this afternoon on Hibernian Road near Angelsea St in Cork city. An investigation has been launched into his death, which it is believed occurred on a building site.
#UNEMPLOYMENT The Euro area unemployment rate is now at an all-time high, latest figures show. The lowest rates were recorded in Austria and Luxembourg, while the highest rates were seen in Spain and Greece.
#ISRAEL Israel has announced a plan for 3,000 new settler homes, which are expected to be built in the highly contentious area of the West Bank known as E1. The news comes the day after the UN voted to recognise Palestine as a non-member state.
THINGS WE LOVED
Pictured (LtoR) Dylan O Connor (5) from Dublin dressed as Pinocchio, Jessica Hayes (9) from Dublin dressed as a little pig, Emma Larney (12) from Monaghan dressed as Snow White, Tess Regan (7) from Carlow as Red Riding Hood and the host of the Toy Show Ryan Tubridy on the set of the toyshow in RTE in Dublin. Photo: Sam Boal/Photocall Ireland
- What night is it tonight? Only the RTÉ LATE LATE TOY SHOW night! We will be liveblogging the whole thing from around 9pm. Join us and take part in the craic. In the meantime, why not share your Toy Show memories with us.
- Confused or annoyed by modern packaging? You’re not alone, as the Wackaging Tumblr proves.
- What do you do when you are diagnosed with cancer in your early 20s? Two women who were diagnosed at a young age found themselves bonded by their shared experience, and have made a funny video exploring what it is like being a Real Housewife of Chemotherapy
THINGS WE SHARED
- It’s all about 3D printing these days, what with an Irish company signing a big deal with Staples for their 3D printer – and just look what you can do with some printers: make a mini-me!
- Sharks: Scary, incredible, fascinating… and able to fly? Eek! This photo is enough to make you terrified of the sea.
- Is Bo the cutest dog in whole wide world? As evidence, we use this video of the US presidential family’s canine inspecting the White House Christmas decorations: