EACH WEEKDAY EVENING, TheJournal.ie brings you five things you need to know before you head out the door.
1. #ABORTION: The Oireachtas Health Committee has been hearing more evidence surrounding the planned legislation for the X Case with legal experts having their turn today, one of whom submitted draft legislation for consideration. The hearings have been continuing this afternoon and we’ve been liveblogging all of the proceedings.
2. #LOYALISTS: A loyalist activist organising a protest in Dublin this weekend over the ongoing controversy surrounding the flying of the Union flag at Belfast City Hall has said the demonstration has been postponed.
3. #BUS EIREANN: A third union, Siptu, has voted in favour of strike action at the Bus Éireann increasing the likelihood that commuters will be effected by strike action that is planned for 17 January.
4. #DUBLIN: Two separate incidents involving Luas trams have taken place in Dublin this afternoon with a collision between one of the trams and a car on O’Connell Street this morning and another incident with a pedestrian on Benburb Street. Five people have been hospitalised.
5. #INSTAGRAM: And finally, if you’re a fan of taking pictures of your food and posting them on Instagram then you’d best avoid Bite restaurant on Frederick Street in Dublin because they’ve banned customers Instagramming their nosh. There are loads of other rules too.