EVERY WEEKDAY EVENING, TheJournal.ie brings you the five stories you need to know before you hit the road.
1. #800 BABIES: Allegations that a grave has been discovered containing over 800 children on the grounds of a former home for unmarried mothers in Galway will be discussed by cabinet. The Minister for Children said the “full facts” must be established.
2. #GAME ON: The deadline for nominations for Labour leadership has passed. Just two candidates are in the running for leader of the party, with four running for deputy.
3. #INFLATION STATIONS: New figures have revealed a continued slowdown in inflation across the eurozone, with a drop of 0.5 per cent last month – something likely to prompt the ECB to take action.
4. #HEALTHCARE: The number of people with health insurance has fallen by almost 50,000 compared to last year. It has led to criticism that government policies are “threatening the sustainability of private insurance”.
5. #BITCOIN: Apple has changed it terms of service to allow apps to accept virtual currencies, although it is yet to define which of the array of currencies have been approved.