GARDAÍ ARE WORRIED about what could happen if thieves decide to set fire to a number of insulation bales stolen from a building site in Louth this week.
Twenty insulation bales were taken from Strand Road in Termonfeckin over the past four days.
Investigating gardaí have been told that if the items are set alight, the smoke and fumes would be toxic. They could potentially cause harm to anyone coming into contact with them without appropriate breathing apparatus.
An appeal has been issued for anyone with information to contact Drogheda garda station on 041 987 4200 or the confidential line on 1800 666 111.
Local gardaí want to inform the community in Termonfeckin of the possible dangers if the material is burned.