WHAT’S THE STORY?
1. Passengers on board a Ryanair flight that experienced extreme turbulence have disputed the airline’s claims that all subsequent injuries were minor. They also say that there was no access to a first-aid kit. Here’s one account:
They was only one pair of gloves available, and the other person attending another injured passenger had to wear plastic bags on their hands. At this point I had noticed a first aid kit in the overhead storage area, and when I pointed this out to a crew member, they informed me that the first aid kit could only be opened by a doctor. So the medics on board had to use tissue and plastic bags to help the injured passengers.
2. The Irish man killed in Germany yesterday after stabbing three people has been named as 27-year-old Enda McLoughlin from Carndonagh in Donegal.
3. Two men have been sentenced to life after being convicted of the murder of a woman and three children in Leicester. The victims of the arson attack on their home were the family of Dublin-based surgeon Dr Taufiq Al Sattar. [RTÉ News]
4. Older people have started a campaign today to ensure they keep their free travel passes. And we all know that pensioners have form in staying strong together.
5. This just in from the Sunday World. We’ll just leave you with the headline.
6. Luis Suarez faces a lengthy ban for an alleged biting incident as FIFA opens disciplinary proceedings against the Uruguayan star.
We asked you what ban he should receive and here’s what you said: