TheJournal.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more »
Dublin: 11 °C Friday 24 October, 2014

Mary Coughlan eliminated from Donegal South West count

The Tánaiste has lost her Dáil seat but refused to comment this evening on what she would do if she was not elected.

Image: Niall Carson/PA Wire

FIANNA FÁIL’S MARY COUGHLAN has been eliminated after the fourth count in Donegal South West.

Thomas Pringle, an Independent candidate, now looks likely to take the  seat Coughlan had fought to retain.

Sinn Féin Pearse Doherty took the first seat in the constituency after topping the poll there earlier on.

Speaking to RTÉ Radio One earlier this evening, Coughlan said she wouldn’t conceded until further counts had been carried out in the hopes that Fianna Fáil could take a seat in Donegal South West.

She also said she remained committed both to politics and to Fianna Fáil, and would not speculate about her career if she failed to take a seat.

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Read next:

Comments (7 Comments)

Add New Comment