NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news..
- Defending the plan for free care for under 6s, junior minister Alex White told doctors that a decision to see a GP should “never be a financial dilemma“.
- Gardaí are looking for the car from which a man fell out of - and died – in Limerick.
- A search also continued for two men missing from Coolock.
- A surprising political poll puts Sinn Féin as the favourites to win seats in Europe.
- Credit Unions will soon offer its members online car insurance.
- A woman in Dublin is refusing to leave her rental property – until she can find an affordable alternative.
- Staff were threatened with an iron bar during a robbery at Clare Hall Shopping Centre.
- Inspectors found dirty mattresses and soiled flooring at Waterford Regional Hospital.
- Twenty cases of counterfeit vodka hidden in an air conditioning unit in a large vehicle were seized by customs.
- Tom Meagher recalled the horror of losing his beautiful wife Jill.
#TITANIC A letter written by a Titanic passenger on the day it sank has sold for £119,000 at an auction in London.
#UKRAINE: The Pope has joined calls from Russia and the US for more efforts to be made to de-escalate the crisis in the Ukraine.
#WAR Five NATO soldiers perished in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan.
- Modern farming is now very different to traditional agricultural methods. Here’s the proof, in stunning pictures.
- A construction crew has started a major dig at a New Mexico landfill in search of an Atari cartridges and hardware…Here’s why that is such a big deal. [IGN]
Kevin Breen captured this beautiful view from the Wellington Monument by using a DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter with a GoPro Hero 3 camera.
“Whittled it down from 14 mins of footage, edited it at half-speed, added suitably beautiful baroque music and hey presto,” he told TheJournal.ie.
See the final product here.