WHAT’S GOING ON in Leinster House?
Every day the Dáil and Seanad are sitting, TheJournal.ie brings you the most comprehensive guide to what our lawmakers are getting up to in the Houses of the Oireachtas.
So, here is what we can expect to be happening in the Dáil, Seanad and Committee rooms today…
3 things we’ll be keeping an eye on
- Dáil: Leaders’ Questions – With the Taoiseach in Japan, it is likely to be either the Tánaiste or a Fine Gael minister who will be taking questions from opposition leaders at 3.15pm.
- Dáil: Electricity Infrastructure and Eirgrid – Fianna Fáil’s Private Member’s motion at 7.30pm calls for an independent, international assessment of the Eirgrid proposals to take place in relation to the erecting of overhead pylons in certain areas, as well as the cost and health implications. The Chairman Designate of EirGrid, John O’Connor, will also be before the Transport and Communications Committee in Room 2 at 11am.
- Committees: Health insurance - The Minister for Health James Reilly will be before the Health Committee in Room 2 at 5.15pm discussing the Health Insurance (Amendment) Bill which applies charges to all private inpatient services in public hospitals.
Everything else that’s happening in the Dáil
- The order for Second Stage on the Assisted Decision-Making (Capacity) Bill takes place in the Dáil following topical issues and the final stage of the Credit Reporting Bill at 5.06pm
- The Order of Business follows Leaders’ Questions at 4.36pm.
- Topical Issues will be taken at 5.06pm.
- The Dáil adjourns at 9.00pm.
Everything else that’s happening the Seanad
- Senators start the day by discussing anything and everything at the Order of Business from 10.30am.
- The recently-announced changes to pensions legislation will be discussed in the form of the Social Welfare and Pensions Bill which reaches final stage at 3.45pm.
- The Child and Family Agency Bill, which provides for the transfer of certain functions of the Health Service Executive to the Child and Family Agency reaches committee stage at 5.30pm.
- Then it’s Matters on the Adjournment before the Seanad itself adjourns.
Everything else that’s happening in the Committees
- Brendan Howlin will be discussing the 2013 supplementary estimates for the public services in the Public Expenditure and Reform Committee in Room 1 at 4.30pm.
- The Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government Phil Hogan will be discussing the Local Government Bill in Room 4 at 11.30am.
- The Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation Committee will meet in Room 2 at 1.30pm to discuss how ConnectIreland attract companies to locate to Ireland.
Here’s how to watch what’s going on in Leinster House today
- Dáil Éireann
- Seanad Éireann
- Committee Room 1
- Committee Room 2
- Committee Room 3
- Committee Room 4
- To access streams on iOS, click here
Like politics? Then why not ‘Like’ TheJournal.ie’s Politics page?
Explainer: How does a Bill become a law?