NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news.
- Frank Kelly, the actor best known for his portrayal of Fr Jack in Father Ted, has died
- The Green Party emerged from the election with two TDs.
- Recounts are underway in a number of count centres around this country this evening.
- The Spanish government has approved the extradition of an alleged Jihadist who holds Irish citizenship.
- Kurdish refugees found in the back of a lorry in Wexford are awaiting transfer to an asylum centre.
- Environment Minister Alan Kelly has managed to hang on to his seat in Tipperary.
- A disabled woman in Belfast was hospitalised after being attacked at her south Belfast home.
- James Reilly has lost his Dáil seat and has said he will now consider his future in politics.
- A garda has been hospitalised after an incident in a southside Dublin housing estate.
- Passengers had to disembark an Aer Lingus flight today after fireworks were found on board.
#US ELECTIONS: Hillary Clinton has celebrated a sweeping win over Bernie Sanders in the South Carolina primary.
#INDIA: A man in India killed 14 members of his own family, according to police sources.
#SWITZERLAND: Switzerland looks set to reject a referendum on deporting foreigners for minor crimes.
- Use spotify a lot? Well here is how to get a bit more out of the app…
- Remember the Ashley Madison leak? The Guardian has looked at its devastating fallout.