NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news.
- Gardaí arrested a woman after a man’s body was found in Limerick.
- Talks were held in an attempt to avert a nurse’s strike. [RTÉ News]
- A man died after early morning car crash in Wexford, and a young child died in a three-vehicle collision in Newry.
- Heroin worth €400,000 was seized.
- There were warnings of spot flooding.
- Sinn Féin didn’t rule out coalition with Fianna Fáil.
- Ibrahim Halawa‘s trial was postponed again.
- A body was found in Clare.
- The Lotto, like similar draws in the UK and US, reached a sizable rollover.
#EGYPT: A Swedish tourist who was injured during an attack on a hotel recalled what happened.
#GERMANY: Rallies were held in Cologne after the sexual assaults at New Year’s celebrations, including one by a far right group that was dispersed with tear gas and water cannon.
#GHANA: The husband of former EastEnders actress Sian Blake has reportedly been arrested.
#MEXICO: The recaptured Mexican drug lord El Chapo wanted to make a film about himself.
#UNITED KINGDOM: Some 280 soldiers have been questioned over claims of torture and murder during the Iraqi War. [Sky News]
#UNITED STATES: A Muslim woman was kicked out of a Donald Trump rally.
- Downloaded Peach yet? Here’s how to use it. [Business Insider]
- This is what a single protein looks like. [NewScientist]
- This 3D printer can make models out of paper, ink, and glue. [Geek.com]
There’s a rather lovely engagement notice in The Irish Times today. [DailyEdge.ie]