NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a roundup of today’s news.
Holles Street. (Pic: Joe Dunne/Photocall Ireland)
- Abortion laws not yet in place after reports the first termination under the act was carried out.
- Investigate into ‘outrageous breach of patient confidentiality’ at Holles Street.
- Two-year-old boy drowns in Waterford beach “freak accident”
- Dozens of current and former staff at IBRC affected by a data breach.
- The Insolvency Service of Ireland is to begin taking applications in two weeks.
- Man’s body found in waste truck in Dublin
- Leslie Ross, 66, charged with killing two women in Dromore.
- Irish mortgage holders are over €2 billion in arrears.
- McCollum Connolly and Reid sent to notoriously dangerous prison in Lima.
- No update on status of Halawa siblings held in Egypt.
- Truck driver in his 50s killed in Offaly road crash.
- Kildare Village outlet expansion to create 380 retail jobs.
- A fifth of racist incidents in Ireland happen in the workplace.
- Replacing child benefit with school attendance payment would save €100m says TD.
- Five teens rescued by RNLI after dinghy is swept away in Cork.
- Well-off ‘more likely to have cervical cancer screening’ – except in Northern Ireland.
- It’s National Potato Day! Here are seven interesting facts about the spud.
#SHETLAND ISLANDS Fifteen rescued after helicopter with 18 on board crashes in the sea.
#TEXAS Fort Hood shooter found guilty, and faces death penalty.
#INDIA Five men gang-raped a photojournalist, 23, in Mumbai last night.
#LEBANON Car bombs have killed at least 27 people and wounded over 350.
#SYRIA Obama says the country ‘will require America’s attention’.
#SYRIA Not too sure what’s happening there? Here’s an explainer.
#BELGIUM Raids across three countries uncovers ecstasy pills worth €1.3bn.
#OHIO Man comes back to life 45 minutes after his heart stopped. [DailyEdge.ie]
- These patterns seem like they are moving but it’s all an optical illusion. [Smithsonian.com]
- Microsoft shares surge after CEO Steve Ballmer announces he’s quitting.