EVERY MORNING,TheJournal.ie brings you the nine stories, a little before nine, you need to know with your morning coffee.
1. #UNDERGROUND: Gardaí have uncovered a drugs factory in rural Limerick and seized ecstasy tablets valued at €150,000.
2. #CONSPIRACY THEORY: After Bank of Ireland admitted that they had also lost banking crisis letters along with the Department of Finance, Sinn Féin TD Pearse Doherty has said there may be “valid grounds” for a “conspiracy theory”.
3. #ESCALATION: Pro-Russian forces have opened fire on Ukrainian security service personnel who had launched an “anti-terrorist operation” in Slavyansk the interior minister says.
4. #PROPERTY TAX: Hundreds of thousands of householders with outstanding household charge bills should expect a letter of ultimatum in the coming weeks reports the Sunday Business Post.
5. #1916: The Government expects Prince Charles and his wife Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall to attend 1916 commemorations says the Sunday Independent.
6. #JOHN WATERS: In an interview with the Sunday Independent, John Waters says that the Pantigate controversy has left him fearing for his safety in Dublin at night.
7. #MH370: Malaysia has rejected that phone calls were made from missing flight MH370 before it vanished after claims that a co-pilot had done so.
8. #BY-ELECTION: The government will hold by-elections in Longford-Westmeath and Dublin West on 23 May, depending on the wishes of the family of the late Nicky McFadden according to The Sunday Times.
9. STOWAWAY: Niall Doherty has been travelling around the world for two-and-a-half years but he hasn’t stepped on a plane, travelling mainly by cargo ship. Read his story here.