REVENUE HAS PUBLISHED its latest tax defaults list, composing of 100 people and amounting to €13.77 million worth of settlements.
Four of these, yielding €0.47 million, relate to investigations into Offshore Funds.
Revenue says that taxpayers are only named “when the extensive voluntary disclosure options are not availed of and the default is as a result of careless or deliberate behaviour”.
In a statement today, Revenue said a total of 1,978 Revenue audit and investigations together with 20,258 Risk Management interventions were carried out in the period.
A third of the cases listed, all from between the 31 October and 31 December last year, were above €100,000, with five cases exceeding €500,000.
- Nursing home proprietor Liam Holland of Grangecon, Coolananavalley, Carrigrohane, Co Cork, settled for €550,000.
- Roofer Robert Grace of 8 Orlagh Close, Scholarstown Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16, settled for €536,122.
- Heating and plumbing contractor Barry Murphy of 1 Blackthorn Drive, Blackstown Bridge, Killeens, Co Cork, settled for €991,864.
- Motor dealership “Fargo Leisure Ltd.”, Monkswood, Tinnahinch, Enniskerry, Co Wicklow, settled for €599,069.
- Civil engineering firm “Mulleady Civil Engineering Ltd.”, Main Street, Drumlish, Co Longford, settled for €762,125.48.
Other settlements on the list include a Clairvoyant from Coolnamaine, Oylegate, Enniscorthy, Co Wexford, who settled for €163,063 for the under-declaration of VAT and Income Tax.
Two accountants made the list, Yaw Dankwa of Unit 4 Drogheda Business Park with a settlement worth €78,821.41, and John A. Mulderrig of Dooder House, 2 Dodder Park Drive, Dublin 14 with a settlement worth €68,160.