EVERY WEEKDAY evening, TheJournal.ie brings you five things you should know at 5pm.
1. #RIP: An Irish teenager has died after being attacked and seriously injured by a bull during a bull-running event in Spain earlier this week.
2. #SOLD: Fintrax Group Holdings, a financial payments company based in Galway, has been sold to the company’s management team for €170 million in a deal funded by a private equity fund.
3. #MOORS MURDERS: Greater Manchester Police are investigating the possibility that a letter written by convicted child killer Ian Brady to the mother of one of his victims could provide information about the location of the child’s remains. Here’s a timeline of the Moors Murders in the early 1960s.
4. #PUSSY RIOT: Three members of a Russian punk band have been sentenced to two years in prison after being convicted of hooliganism on the grounds of religious hatred. During a protest performance in Moscow’s Christ the Saviour cathedral in February, the band appealed to Saint Maria to drive politician Vladimir Putin away.
5. #PROPHETIC: Have you seen this 1990s video of children explaining why it might be useful to check out the internet? Makes you wonder what else those kids predicted back in 1995…