NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news.
- Enda Kenny has said that Fine Gael will ‘play its part in providing a government’.
- Americans watching last night’s Oscars thought Saoirse Ronan’s earrings referenced the North/South divide.
- Enda Kenny is set to travel to the United States as part of the St Patrick’s Day celebrations.
Junior Minister Aodhán Ó Riordáin is the latest Labour electoral casualty after a marathon count in Dublin Bay North.
- There is one count still ongoing in Longford-Westmeath in the 2016 general election.
- Investigations are ongoing into the shooting dead of Vinny Ryan, brother of murdered Republican dissident Alan Ryan.
- Dublin Bus drivers are objecting to new rules preventing them from listening to FM radios.
- Two women have been hospitalised after a crash in Kildare.
#FRANCE: Chaos broke out in the migrant camp in Calais as police with bulldozers tried to force refugees out of the ‘Jungle’ .
#UNITED KINGDOM: The jury has retired in Adam Johnson’s under-age sex trial.
#MIGRANT CRISIS: Tear gas has been fired at migrants trying to storm a border fence between Greece and Macedonia.
- Google has invented robotic dogs. And you now who isn’t a fan? Real dogs…
- The state of New South Wales in Australia is now using drones to combat shark attacks.
If you’re au fait with the internet, you may have noticed that certain sections of it have a strong affinity with Leonardo DiCaprio. After the actor won his Oscar, a group of his fans spontaneously gathered at the Spire on Dublin’s O’Connell Street.