NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news.
- Dissident republicans want to mark the centenary of the Easter Rising by ‘killing police officers’, the PSNI has said.
- A prisoner is on the loose this evening after absconding from Shelton Abbey in Co Wicklow.
- A poll has found that more want Micheál Martin to be Taoiseach than Enda Kenny (but that some people also want Kanye West to be Taoiseach).
- A prison officer has been hospitalised in Belfast today after a car bomb exploded.
- A Wexford Couple who were convicted of killing a 59-year-old MS sufferer by neglect have had their convictions quashed by the Court of Appeal.
- It looks like a rough weekend ahead, with sleet, snow and sub-zero temperatures on the way.
- Leo Varadkar has responded to a dig from Alan Shatter by saying the former justice minister was being “charming as always” when he questioned his role on Fine Gael’s communications committee.
- Gerry Adams has received an apology from the Irish Independent over their reporting of comments he made at a fundraising speech.
#UK: A pregnant woman has been airlifted to hospital after being stabbed in the West Midlands.
#UNITED STATES: Police in LA have said that they are testing a knife found at the home of OJ Simpson.
#BRAZIL: The country’s former president Lula was held by police today as part of a massive fraud investigation.
- A new bazooka-type contraption allows people to capture drones with nets from 100 metres away.
- Changes to Facebook’s tax dealings could mean significant amounts of cash moving out of Ireland.