NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news.
- The public has gone to the polls to vote for the TDs that will make up the next Dáil.
- A snow and ice warning has been issued by Met Eireann for Cork, Kerry and Waterford.
- Three teenage boys were earlier today accused of defilement of a 15-year-old girl in a court in Dublin.
- A 12-year-old boy was killed today when the pony-and-trap he was travelling on collided with a truck.
- Workers at a Cadbury production plant in Dublin have said that they have been left with “no option” but to go on strike indefinitely.
- Well known republican Thomas Murphy was today sentenced to 18 months imprisonment for tax evasion.
- 13 families in Dublin are fighting eviction from their emergency accommodation.
- A man was killed last night in south Belfast after four men stormed into his house and shot him.
#UNITED STATES: Former Republican candidate Chris Christie has come out in support of Donald Trump’s campaign for the presidency.
#FIFA: Football’s world governing body Fifa has elected a new president in Zurich today.
- Plans that Microsoft had to bring Android apps to Windows have been put to one side.
- Apple has changed its site code to stop the world ‘click’ looking like a different word (look again).