TheJournal.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more »
Dublin: 1 °C Friday 24 November, 2017
Advertisement

Man (20s) dies in workplace incident on Monaghan mushroom farm

Two others were taken to hospital, but neither are believed to be in a critical condition.

The N2 in Cornacrieve, near where the incident occurred.
The N2 in Cornacrieve, near where the incident occurred.
Image: Google Maps

A MAN HAS died and two others were taken to hospital after being overcome by fumes at a mushroom farm in Co Monaghan.

At around 8pm last night, emergency services received a call about three men in their 20s suffering from breathing difficulties at a mushroom processing plant at Cornacrieve, Emyvale, Monaghan.

The first responders at the scene found three men unconscious in a silo at the plant. One man was pronounced dead at the scene and two others were removed to Cavan General Hospital.

The area is sealed off pending a technical examination by Garda Crime Scene Examiners, and a post mortem examination will take place later today.

The Health and Safety Authority has been notified and is expected at the scene this morning.

Read: Watchdog to target discount and hardware stores for banned hazardous chemicals

Read: Farmers account for most work-related deaths in Ireland

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Read next:

COMMENTS (1)

This is YOUR comments community. Stay civil, stay constructive, stay on topic. Please familiarise yourself with our comments policy here before taking part.
write a comment

Leave a commentcancel

Trending Tags