#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
Dublin: 19°C Tuesday 27 July 2021
Advertisement

15-year-old Sait Canbullu found safe and well in Sligo

Gardaí said earlier today they were satisfied that he was not abducted.

Updated 5.24pm

GARDAÍ HAVE SAID that a 15-year-old boy who went missing from Wexford town yesterday afternoon has now been located.

Sait Canbullu was found “safe and well” in Ballymote, Co Sligo this afternoon.

Initially, gardaí said the teen was taken by two men wearing balaclavas and a Child Rescue Ireland alert was issued.

However earlier this afternoon, they said that from “extensive enquiries”, they are satisfied that he was not abducted and that they were dealing with it as a “high risk missing person investigation”.

Gardaí have thanked the public and the media for their assistance in this matter.

Originally published 7.34pm on Saturday 

Additional reporting by Christine Bohan

Read next:

COMMENTS (219)