SPONSORED

Poll: Do you have a carbon monoxide alarm in your home?

Welcome to part one of our Carbon Monoxide Week series.

CARBON MONOXIDE IS often known as the ‘silent killer’ due to the fact that you can’t see or smell it.

Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless, poisonous gas and a common cause of death by poisoning worldwide. If you have a carbon monoxide leak in your home you may experience symptoms such as tiredness, headaches, chest pains or muscular weakness.

Carbon monoxide leaks can happen if you have:
  • faulty or damaged heating appliances
  •  appliances that haven’t been serviced or installed properly
  • a blocked chimney flue

shutterstock_157490498 Shutterstock / Aleksandra Pikalova Shutterstock / Aleksandra Pikalova / Aleksandra Pikalova

Carbon monoxide precautions

While you can take precautions against a carbon monoxide leak by monitoring your appliances, the only way to detect carbon monoxide leaks in your home is to get a carbon monoxide alarm.

So, we want to know: Do you have a carbon monoxide alarm in your house?


Poll Results:

 Yes (6409)
 No (2632)
No, but going to get one (935)

It’s Carbon Monoxide Week this week, so we’re helping to highlight its dangers. Carbon monoxide is impossible to detect without an alarm, so make sure you have one and check it regularly. Head over to CarbonMonoxide.ie to find out how to install alarms properly.

Your Voice
Readers Comments
33
    Submit a report
    Please help us understand how this comment violates our community guidelines.
    Thank you for the feedback
    Your feedback has been sent to our team for review.