This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 7 °C Friday 6 December, 2019
Advertisement

Man (51) charged with 50 sexual offences against two young girls

He will go on trial on 13 July.

Image: Shutterstock/wavebreakmedia

A MAN CHARGED with 50 counts of sexual offences against two young girls will stand trial next month at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.

The 51-year-old man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was sent forward from the District Court last year in relation to the offences which are alleged to have happened on dates between 2007 and 2011 at locations in Dublin and Donegal.

Charges

The charges sent forward include 40 counts of child exploitation by inviting, inducing or coercing the alleged victim to engage in or participate in a sexual, indecent or obscene act.

This includes engaging in the production of child pornography.

There are three counts of alleged sexual assault and seven of defilement of a child under the age of 17.

Sarah Jane O’Callaghan BL, defending, previously told the court that the trial was likely to take two weeks.

At the pre-trial hearing yesterday she told Judge Martin Nolan that the case would be “ready to go” on the scheduled trial date .

Judge Nolan remanded the man on continuing bail for his trial which is due to commence on 13 July.

- By Sonya McLean and Aoife Nic Ardghail

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

Sonya McLean and Fiona Ferguson

Read next:

COMMENTS