This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 13 °C Tuesday 10 December, 2019
Advertisement

Ex-wife of London attacker who lived in Ireland says she's focusing on her daughter

Charisse O’Leary said she was shocked by the attack and expressed condolences to those who lost their lives.

Rachid Redouane
Rachid Redouane
Image: PA Wire/PA Images

THE EX-WIFE OF one of the London Bridge attackers, who lived in Dublin with him until last year, has released a statement saying she’s focusing on raising the daughter they have together.

Charisse O’Leary, who is originally from the UK, said she condemns the actions of Rachid Redouane and knows that one day she will have to try and explain to her daughter why her father did what he did.

It’s believed the couple got married in Ireland in 2012 and lived together both the UK and in Rathmines in Dublin. According to O’Leary, they have been separated for the past six months.

In the statement, O’Leary said, “Since discovering that it was Rachid that was responsible I have shed many tears for the people caught up in this horrific incident.

“Rachid and I have been separated for six months. We have a beautiful young daughter, that for the last six months has been our only bond and reason for contact.

My thoughts and efforts now are with trying to bring up my daughter with the knowledge that someday I will have to try and explain to her why her father did what he did.

The mother also said she was shocked by the attack and expressed condolences to those who lost their lives.

“My heartfelt thoughts go out to all those murdered or injured in the events of 3rd June 2017.

I am deeply shocked, saddened and numbed by the actions of my ex partner who has killed and injured so many innocent people.

“I wish to make it absolutely clear, so there can be no doubt, I condemn his actions and do not support the beliefs he held that led him to committing this atrocity.”

Read: Second man arrested in Ireland in connection with London attacker>

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

Read next:

COMMENTS (64)