Readers like you keep news free for everyone.

More than 5,000 readers have already pitched in to keep free access to The Journal.

For the price of one cup of coffee each week you can help keep paywalls away.

Support us today
Not now
Dublin: 20°C Sunday 7 August 2022
Advertisement

Louis Walsh says he's 'done with the X Factor'

He spent 11 years on the show.

Image: TV3

AFTER MORE THAN a decade as a judge on the hugely popular show, Louis Walsh has announced he’s not planning to return for another season on the X Factor.

The Irish boyband manager – whose latest project is a band called Hometown – told the Seven O’Clock Show on TV3 that he’s “done” with the show.

Asked if he would be heading back as a judge this year, he said:

That was last year. I’ve done 11 seasons. That’s a long time on television. I think they’re going to change it, go for a few new faces.

He went on:

I think I’m done with X Factor honestly. My day job is as a manager, I’ve kind of neglected that. I want to get back to being a manager- I’m working with Shane Filan, he’s got a new record coming out and I’m working with Hometown.

The pop mogul also said he “never wanted to be on TV, it just happened”.

Walsh also spoke about One Direction, saying that while Simon Cowell “takes most of the credit”, “Nicole Scherzinger and I were very much involved as well”.

Read: “New Zealand deserves them”: Louis Walsh has his say on fired X Factor judges>

Making a difference

A mix of advertising and supporting contributions helps keep paywalls away from valuable information like this article.

Over 5,000 readers like you have already stepped up and support us with a monthly payment or a once-off donation.

For the price of one cup of coffee each week you can make sure we can keep reliable, meaningful news open to everyone regardless of their ability to pay.

Read next:

COMMENTS (57)