#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
Dublin: 4°C Thursday 25 February 2021
Advertisement

75-year-old man becomes fifth person to die after Westminster attack

He was pronounced dead tonight after his life support was withdrawn.

Image: Yui Mok/AP

THE METROPOLITAN POLICE has confirmed that a 75-year-old man has become the fourth fatal victim of yesterday’s Westminster attack.

The man had been critically injured on Westminster Bridge after Khalid Masood drove a 4×4 into pedestrians. Masood was also killed after stabbing police officer Keith Palmer to death.

He was pronounced dead tonight after his life support was withdrawn.


Earlier today it was confirmed that Englishman Masood was the alleged attacker. Met Police said in a statement that Masood was known by “a number of aliases” and had been living in the West Midlands, which includes the city of Birmingham, where there was an armed police raid overnight.

The IS group said it was responsible, according to the Amaq propaganda agency, its first claim of an attack on British soil., however, no links have been found between Masood and the group.

One of the victims was named as British citizen Aysha Frade. Media reports said she was on her way to pick up her two daughters, aged seven and nine, from school.

Kurt Cochran, from the United States, was named as the third victim by President Donald Trump, who called him a “great American”.

Read: Westminster attacker was 52-year-old Khalid Masood

Read next:

COMMENTS (39)