WHAT’S GOING ON in Leinster House?
Every day the Dáil and Seanad are sitting, TheJournal.ie brings you the most comprehensive guide to what our lawmakers are getting up to in the Houses of the Oireachtas.
So, here is what we can expect to be happening in the Dáil, Seanad and Committee rooms today…
3 things we’ll be keeping an eye on
- Following the publication of the White Paper on Universal Health Insurance yesterday, the quarterly meeting between Health Minister James Reilly, Tony O’Brien, Director General of the HSE, and the Health Committee will take place in Room 2 at 9.30 am.
- Rehab will be discussed by the Public Accounts Committee again today in Room 1 at 10 am, following the retirement of the group’s CEO Angela Kerins yesterday. The 2012 Annual Report and Appropriation Accounts of the Comptroller and Auditor General will also be on the agenda.
- After an eventful week that saw Justice Minister Alan Shatter survive a ‘no confidence’ motion, Leaders’ Questions will be one to watch at 12 pm.
Everything else that’s happening in the Dáil
- Tánaiste Eamon Gilmore will be answering questions related to the Foreign Affairs and Trade Department at 9.30 am.
- Debate on the Companies Bill 2012 will resume at 10.45 am.
- Afterwards, statements on the supply of social housing and the government’s homelessness policy will resume.
- The Order of Business will be read at 12.21 pm.
- The crisis in Ukraine will be discussed at 12.41 pm.
- Following this, debate on the Companies Bill will resume and adjourn at 2.30 pm or sooner. Further discussion on social housing and homelessness will then be held.
- Topical Issues will take centre stage at 4.42 pm.
- The Dáil will adjourn at 5.30 pm.
Everything happening in the Seanad
- The Order of Business will be read at 10.30 am.
- Minister for Small Business John Perry will brief the Seanad on the role of the SME Envoy Network at 11.45 am.
- This will be followed by Matters on the Adjournment.
Everything else that’s happening in the Committees
- Representative from Coillte Teoranta will discuss how to maximise the potential of land with the Agriculture Committee in Room 3 at 10 am.
Here’s how to watch what’s going on in Leinster House today:
- Dáil Éireann
- Seanad Éireann
- Committee Room 1
- Committee Room 2
- Committee Room 3
- Committee Room 4
- To access streams on iOS, click here
Like politics? Then why not ‘Like’ TheJournal.ie’s Politics page?
Explainer: How does a bill become a law? >