EVERY DAY, TheJournal.ie brings you nine things you need to know with your morning cup of coffee.
1. #KENYA: Heavy gunfire and explosions have been heard at the up-market shopping centre in Nairobi, Kenya where terrorists opened fire on shoppers over the weekend. It is believed that there are still hostages inside.
2. #GARDA BIKES: All garda escort motorcycles in the country were taken off the roads in July and August, in what sources believe is a money saving excercise, TheJournal.ie can reveal.
3.#STABBING: A man has been arrested after a man was stabbed and killed at a house in Tallaght overnight.
4. #BOOZE: The CEO of the pub body, The Vitners Federation of Ireland, has told TheJournal.ie that he does not think that TDs should be able to drink in Leinster House, stating that they should be setting an example.
5. #DEBATE: Fine Gael’s Seanad referendum campaign director, Richard Bruton has said he would have no problem stepping up to debate with Micheál Martin. The Taoiseach Enda Kenny has not yet committed to a televised debate on the issue.
6. #GERMANY: Chancellor Angela Merkel’s conservative party has won a landslide victory in Germany’s election.
8. #JOBS: Three food companies and a call centre for a video game company are set to create more than 184 jobs.
9. #HOMECOMING:Unless you live under a rock, you will know by now that Dublin won the All-Ireland final yesterday. The homecoming event will take place at 7pm at Merrion Square and fans can access the square from 6pm.
- Over on DailyEdge.ie: Miley Cyrus twerked with little people nearly naked, and how one of Rihanna’s selfies became a criminal matter. The Dredge>