NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a round-up of today’s news…
- Garth Brooks said there’s still hope for his five concerts and the Taoiseach has now intervened.
- It’s believed that a DART was deliberately derailed in Bray.
- The Cabinet reshuffle may not be announced until Friday.
- The Bord Gáis Energy Theatre is up for sale.
- The banking inquiry named its expert advisory group.
- A man and woman were killed in separate crashes in Monaghan and Limerick.
- An 18-year-old died and another male was injured in a collision in Mayo.
- A 50-year-old man admitted killing another man in the psychiatric unit of a hospital. [RTÉ]
- Dublin City Council is getting a Nama hotel to use for homeless families.
#SYRIA: Two teenage girls missing from Manchester are now believed to be in Syria.
- The EU has started questioning rival firms about Facebook‘s purchase of Whatsapp.
- Stop everything. Sigourney Weaver is to appear in the new Alien video game. [The Guardian]
- This lovely little gadget is a projector, a hotspot and a backup battery for your smartphone. [Geek]
First published 9pm