This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 6 °C Sunday 23 February, 2020
Advertisement

Four people missing after three explosions rock flour mills

The building collapsed earlier this morning.

THERE ARE FOUR people still unaccounted for after three explosions rocked a flour mill in Cheshire.

Police said this evening that 35 people were directly affected by the explosion at Wood Flour Mills in Bosley, and four were taken to hospital.

After the explosion, residents were urged to keep their windows and doors closed due to drifting smoke and particles. In the last two hours, they were told this was no longer necessary.

Footage of the scene was released by Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service:

Source: Cheshirefireservice/YouTube

It is believed the four people unaccounted for are still in the building.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service’s Chief Fire Officer, Paul Hancock, said:

This is a difficult and demanding incident. There are a number of hazards that make it particularly dangerous for those attempting to tackle the blaze. However, crews and our colleagues from the other emergency services continue to work tirelessly to both bring the fire under control and find the four that are missing. We urge everyone in the area to keep their windows and doors shut as there continues to be a lot of smoke in the area.

It is expected that fire crews will have to remain on the scene over the weekend.

Read: Suspect device declared a hoax after controlled explosion>

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Read next:

COMMENTS (7)