This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 5 °C Wednesday 11 December, 2019
Advertisement

Elderly man and his dog die after becoming 'trapped inside' Corvette

The car’s locking mechanism malfunctioned.

A MAN AND his dog have died from suspected heat exhaustion after they became trapped in a car, according to local media in Texas.

James Rogers (72) and Leia were sitting outside a restaurant in a 2007 Corvette, described by Rogers’ family as his “dream car”, when its locking system malfunctioned, KBMT-TV reports.

PastedImage-84692 Source: KBMT-TV

A police spokesperson said it appears he struggled to get out, but the car’s battery had come loose and so the doors would not open.

He had also left his phone inside, and so was unable to call for help.

The car reportedly has an emergency mechanism to unlock the doors that Rogers was unaware of.

Read: This guide dog threw itself in front of a bus to save his blind owner >

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

Nicky Ryan

Read next:

COMMENTS (21)

This is YOUR comments community. Stay civil, stay constructive, stay on topic. Please familiarise yourself with our comments policy here before taking part.
write a comment

    Leave a commentcancel