ADULTS MUST LEARN how social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter work if cyber-bullying is to be tackled successfully, according to Fuzion Communications.
Following the tragic deaths of Erin Gallagher and Ciara Pugsley, the public relations company says that parents and teachers must help children:
- Set up their personal accounts properly
- Maintain their privacy settings
- Connect with “friends” safely
- Think about what they post
- Post appropriately
- Spot and deal with inappropriate behaviour
- “Unfriend” and Block certain users
- Report Bullying
It also says that children should
- Only connect with friends
- Not share their password
- Keep their settings private
- Be kind to others
It developed the following infographic, which offers guidelines on what social media users should and should not do when using Facebook and similar sites.