NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a roundup of today’s news…
Local MP Keith Vaz meets locals after the fatal house fire in Leicester (Rui Vieira/PA)
- The victims of a house fire in Leicester were identified as the wife and children of a Dublin-based doctor.
- Gardaí have revealed details of the massive Europe-wide ‘Operation Majesty’.
- Two men were found shot dead in Co Antrim.
- The politicians formerly known as the Fine Gael rebels formed a new group.
- Five men appeared in court over dissident activity in the Dublin area.
- Gerry Adams was hounded for photos as he canvassed in Dublin city centre.
- Two men were arrested over a failed robbery attempt in Rathmines.
- The Dept of Education announced new anti-bullying guidelines.
- Airbnb announced the opening of its European HQ in Dublin.
- A Delta plane was diverted to Dublin because of ventilation problems.
- Mick McCarthy said he thought Martin O’Neill was ‘nailed on’ for the Ireland job.
- And we found out Irish couples are still afraid to get married on Friday the 13th.
Defence lawyer for the four men convicted of rape in New Delhi, A.P. Singh, speaks to the media (AP Photo/Altaf Qadri)
#INDIA: Four men have been sentenced to death over the gang rape and murder of a young woman on a bus in New Delhi last year.
#RUSSIA: At least two people were killed, and 30 were missing, after a fire at a psychiatric hospital. A criminal probe has been opened.
#LONDON: Police have arrested 12 people over a sophisticated cyber-crime plot to steal money from a bank by gaining access it its computer system.
- Creepy Frontier: Voyager 1 became the first spacecraft (made by humans) to leave the solar system last night. Check out some of the sounds it’s been recording ‘out there’ recently. [NBC]
- A Google Street View car has been in an accident in Indonesia — hitting two buses and a truck (should make interesting viewing, once mapping photos of the city of Bogor go online). [BBC]
Ryan Tubridy is a time traveller it turns out…
Perhaps they’re both vampires.