Advertisement

We need your help now

Support from readers like you keeps The Journal open.

You are visiting us because we have something you value. Independent, unbiased news that tells the truth. Advertising revenue goes some way to support our mission, but this year it has not been enough.

If you've seen value in our reporting, please contribute what you can, so we can continue to produce accurate and meaningful journalism. For everyone who needs it.

Anthony Devlin/PA Wire
Turned down

These are the reasons why most iPhone apps are rejected

Just in case you’re thinking of submitting one to the App Store in the near future.

IF YOU’RE AN app developer, chances are you know all about the process of getting your app approved in Apple’s App Store.

For those who don’t, it normally takes seven days before the company tells you whether an app was accepted or rejected, and it takes the same length of time for any updates to be approved (Android apps, on the other hand, are approved in the space of a few hours although that brings its own problems).

The company has highlighted the most common issues that cause an app to be rejected, The top ten issues make up 58% of the overall rejections while ‘other reasons’ make up the remaining 42%.

It’s probably no surprise to mention that these issues are mostly obvious. The biggest issue is not providing enough information about the app, mostly down to those not entering in all details needed for the review.

Apple app store reasons Apple Apple

Other reasons include apps still having bugs in them, developers not complying with the Developer Program License Agreement and any apps which have a complex or poor interface.

For app developers, the reasons listed shouldn’t come as a surprise although the high percentage of issues under ‘other reasons’ does muddy the waters a little. Although if you’re serious about releasing an app, chances are you won’t make these mistakes anyway.

Read: NASA is creating its own air traffic control system for drones >

Read: This Google Glass app uses facial expressions to tell how you’re feeling >

Readers like you are keeping these stories free for everyone...
A mix of advertising and supporting contributions helps keep paywalls away from valuable information like this article. Over 5,000 readers like you have already stepped up and support us with a monthly payment or a once-off donation.

Your Voice
Readers Comments
7
    Submit a report
    Please help us understand how this comment violates our community guidelines.
    Thank you for the feedback
    Your feedback has been sent to our team for review.