Advertisement

We need your help now

Support from readers like you keeps The Journal open.

You are visiting us because we have something you value. Independent, unbiased news that tells the truth. Advertising revenue goes some way to support our mission, but this year it has not been enough.

If you've seen value in our reporting, please contribute what you can, so we can continue to produce accurate and meaningful journalism. For everyone who needs it.

up in flames

Tea light candles set bed on fire in Dublin house

Dublin Fire Brigade warned people to take extra care with candles in bedrooms.

TEA LIGHT CANDLES caused a bed to go up in flames in a house in Dublin.

Dublin Fire Brigade units from Swords and Finglas were called to the home in Swords yesterday.

It said the fire started because the tea lights were too close to the bed.

CBNJkf7XIAEf4dj

There are no reports of any injuries caused by the fire.

Dublin Fire Brigade warned people to take extra care with candles in bedrooms.

Read: These fire fighters delivered a baby in its mum’s car at the station>

Read: This Dublin house had a lucky escape after a phone charger went up in flames>

Readers like you are keeping these stories free for everyone...
A mix of advertising and supporting contributions helps keep paywalls away from valuable information like this article. Over 5,000 readers like you have already stepped up and support us with a monthly payment or a once-off donation.

Your Voice
Readers Comments
17
    Submit a report
    Please help us understand how this comment violates our community guidelines.
    Thank you for the feedback
    Your feedback has been sent to our team for review.