Readers like you keep news free for everyone.

More than 5,000 readers have already pitched in to keep free access to The Journal.

For the price of one cup of coffee each week you can help keep paywalls away.

Support us today
Not now
Advertisement

An electric blanket sparked a fire in Dublin apartment block

Nobody was seriously injured in the fire.

PastedImage-60173 Source: Twitter/DublinFireBrigade

DUBLIN FIRE BRIGADE successfully extinguished a fire in Tallaght last night that was caused by a faulty electric blanket.

Residents were evacuated from the apartment block on Greenhills Road with four fire units dispatched to the scene.

Firefighters say a number of people suffered minor burns but nobody was seriously injured.

PastedImage-26515 The fire was caused by a faulty electric blanket. Source: Twitter/DublinFireBrigade

The fire caused extensive smoke damage and was one of two incidents in Tallaght Dublin Fire Brigade dealt with last night.

Making a difference

A mix of advertising and supporting contributions helps keep paywalls away from valuable information like this article.

Over 5,000 readers like you have already stepped up and support us with a monthly payment or a once-off donation.

For the price of one cup of coffee each week you can make sure we can keep reliable, meaningful news open to everyone regardless of their ability to pay.

Elsewhere, three units of Dublin Fire Brigade were called to an electrical fire on Mount Street after a fuse box caught fire at about 7am this morning.

There were no injuries following the fire in the six storey building.

Read: An ambulance broke down during an emergency once every 33 days last year >

Read: These fire fighters delivered a baby in its mum’s car at the station >

About the author:

Rónán Duffy

Read next:

COMMENTS (12)