#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
Dublin: 15°C Friday 24 September 2021
Advertisement

Firefighters tackle overnight blaze in Temple Bar

The fire was at a disused building next to Oliver St. John Gogarty’s pub. There are no reports of injuries.

Image: Louise Ni Riain

Updated at 7.55am

DUBLIN FIRE BRIGADE responded to a fire at a derelict building next to Oliver St. John Gogarty’s pub in Dublin’s Temple Bar last night.

The fire was at an disused telephone exchange building next to the busy night-spot, according to the fire service. It was initially reported by some outlets that the fire was at the pub itself.

The fire has now been extinguished.

There are no reports of any injuries, a garda spokesperson said.

It’s believed the fire was caused by an electrical fault.

About the author:

Read next:

COMMENTS (48)