EVERY MORNING, TheJournal.ie brings you the nine stories you need to know with your morning coffee.
1. #VIOLENCE: One in three European women say they have experienced some form of physical or sexual violence. SAFE Ireland has called for Government action.
2. #TAX BRACKET: New tax proposals should be rejected because they will only benefit higher earners according to Social Justice Ireland.
3. #RIGHT DIRECTION: AIB lost €1.7 billion last year but that’s €2 billion less than it lost the previous year. The bank predicts a return to profit in 2014.
4. #ROBBERY: A staff member was injured and a watch was stolen after an armed robbery at a pharmacy in Portmarnock in Dublin last night.
6. #PAGEANTS: A motion to condemn child beauty pageants will be heard in the Seanad later this evening.
7. #STANDOFF: US Secretary of State John Kerry is expected to meet with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov in Paris today in a bid to find an end to the crisis in Ukraine.
8. #ROADS: A 50-year-old man has died after the 4x4 he was driving went off the road and crashed into an embankment in Sligo.
9. #CLOSE EYE: Ireland will face its first post-bailout review mission at the end of April according to The Irish Times.