ALLSOP SPACE SOLD €24 million worth of property today in an auction described as ‘the largest ever in Ireland’.
123 properties were sold, among them an 18-hole golf course and a hotel suite in the Grand Canal Hotel.
The largest sale of properties by the auctioneers before this was €16 million.
After the public auction, held today at the RDS Concert Hall in Dublin, the company again stressed that they do not auction repossessed family homes.
“In fact we have no interest in offering properties under legal dispute”, Director and Auctioneer Robert Hoban said.
“Vibrant property market”
He added that today’s sales are a sign of a “vibrant property market”, saying that demand was “brisk”.
“It also means that some of these properties that have lain vacant will now have people living and working in them again,” he said, leading to further economic benefits.
Allsop Space listed the following as “highlights of the auction”:
- 8 apartments in Cork City, close to UCC & CUH sold for €415,000
- Ashford Filling Station Co.Wicklow sold for €360,000
- Woodlands Golf Club sold for €650,000
- Dun Laoghaire Pub previously Gilbert & Wright’s sold for €650,000
- A freehold mid terrace retail investment on Cruises St. Limerick, formerly Specsavers, sold for €1.05 million
- A hotel suite at Grand Canal Hotel, Dublin sold for €62,000
- A 500sq. foot, 5 bed house on 4.4 acres at Butterstream, Clane, Co. Kildare, sold for €540,000. Originally had a reserve of €250,000
- A block of eleven apartments in Delgany, Co.Wicklow with an income per annum of €81,000 sold for €950,000