THE WEEKEND IS over so now it’s time to start mentally preparing yourself to face the seemingly endless hours of commuting on public transport over the next five days. While the rest of your day may be full of annoyances, you can always count on your fellow travellers to put a smile on your face, right? No doubt you’ll bump into at least one of these charming characters this week…
1. The featherhead who never has their fare or ticket ready when they board the bus or train. It’s not like any of us are in a hurry, take your time.
Daniella remembered hers though. (Image: David Greene/PA Archive)
2. That person who sits on the outside seat even though the window seat is free. Oh no, don’t mind me, I’ll just climb over your legs there.
(Image: Albert Gonzalez/Photocall Ireland)
3. The silly person who sat in your seat on the train even though it clearly has your name on it because you went to the trouble of reserving it. No need to apologise madam, I’m sure we’ll laugh about this together. Once you’ve moved out of my seat.
4. The considerate soul who kept the seat warm for you…with their feet.
(Image: Ged Carroll/Flickr)
5. That person who’s talking loudly on their phone about their really intense social life. You can’t help listening in, admit it.
6. The one with their music blaring so loud that your ears hurt and you’re not even wearing the headphones. Or better yet, those charming teens who eschew headphones and play their dance remixes on the speaker of their phones so everyone can enjoy.
7. The adorable little baby screaming its lungs out, reaching a pitch you didn’t know you could hear. And did we mention you’re stuck in traffic?
8. The person who needs two extra seats for all of their shopping bags and seems oblivious to the fact that they keep knocking against people with them.
(Image: Mark Stedman/Photocall)
9. That friendly so and so who has fallen asleep on your shoulder. Public transport is just great for meeting new chums.
10. The hungry passenger who just can’t wait til they get home to tuck into their strong smelling garlic, cheesy, curry chips.
11. Smokers, sitting in the back…and smokers sitting in the front, for that matter.
(Image: Lee Netherton/Flickr)
12. The lovely old man or woman who takes a full ten minutes to get up out of their seat to let you out at your stop.
(Fiona Hanson/PA Archive)
13. That jolly driver, who definitely saw you running in his rear-view mirror and sped away from the stop just as you got there.
Leo! Leo, come back! (Image: Laura Hutton/Photocall Ireland)
Add to the list in the comments below. And enjoy your commute this week folks.