# food-poisoning - Thursday 6 July, 2017
51% of Irish adults have reported eating undercooked burgers when in restaurants.
# food-poisoning - Tuesday 30 May, 2017
At least 16 cases of salmonella have been identified following the outbreak.
# food-poisoning - Tuesday 21 February, 2017
The batches of blue cheese have been removed from shelves.
# food-poisoning - Thursday 5 May, 2016
Conspiracy theories surrounding a sudden illness in the squad have swirled for two decades.
# food-poisoning - Saturday 28 February, 2015
Here are some helpful tips to avoid getting food poisoning.
# food-poisoning - Wednesday 28 January, 2015
Here’s how you can avoid getting sick.
# food-poisoning - Monday 9 September, 2013
So far in Ireland, there have been 15 primary cases of hepatitis A linked to the consumption of the frozen fruit.
# food-poisoning - Monday 29 July, 2013
Hika Elliot lost six pounds in weight and was placed on a drip two day’s before the biggest game of his season.
# food-poisoning - Wednesday 17 July, 2013
Officials in Bihar – one of India’s poorest states – introduced a free midday meal scheme as a way to increase school attendance.
# food-poisoning - Thursday 30 May, 2013
Don’t pretend you haven’t thought about having a BBQ this evening.
# food-poisoning - Saturday 9 March, 2013
The restaurant in Denmark said the poisoning was caused by the highly contagious stomach bug that was brought in by a staff member.
# food-poisoning - Tuesday 8 January, 2013
The Food Safety Authority of Ireland said it will continue to take a zero tolerance policy to breaches of food safety legislation in 2013.
# food-poisoning - Tuesday 27 November, 2012
Having been taken ill after an evening meal, Klitschko had to call an ambulance during the night and was put on a drip by an emergency doctor. Should have had the soup.
# food-poisoning - Saturday 20 October, 2012
Northern Ireland’s Public Health Agency says over 200 people may have contracted the bug from Flicks restaurant.
# food-poisoning - Monday 8 October, 2012
The Food Safety Authority of Ireland says wild mushrooms pose a risk of food poisoning.
# food-poisoning - Friday 27 April, 2012
Australian girl Monika Samaan has been left mentally and physically impaired after she fell seriously ill from salmonella poisoning in 2005.
# food-poisoning - Friday 18 November, 2011
The Food Safety Authority has warned that consumers aren’t paying enough attention to use-by dates. Do they matter to you?
# food-poisoning - Wednesday 28 September, 2011
A batch of contanimated cantaloupes from Colorado has been blamed for 72 infections, and at least 13 deaths.
# food-poisoning - Wednesday 31 August, 2011
Irish ace was cruelly forced to retire ill due to a case of food poisoning on the biggest day of his career yestersday.
# food-poisoning - Monday 13 June, 2011
Now that the deadly E. coli outbreak ravaging Germany seems to have waned, questions are being asked about the response to the crisis that killed 36 people and left thousands of others seriously ill.
# food-poisoning - Thursday 9 June, 2011
Authorities in the Netherlands have recalled red beet sprouts as a precautionary measure after discovering a strain of E.coli present in the vegetables. The strain is apparently less dangerous than the one causing Europe’s deadly E. coli crisis.
# food-poisoning - Tuesday 7 June, 2011
Agriculture ministers will meet in Luxembourg, as tests show a northern Germany bean sprout farm is not to blame.
# food-poisoning - Saturday 4 June, 2011
An EU laboratory in Rome says there’s no reason to suspect that the new outbreak of E.coli has come from vegetables.
# food-poisoning - Thursday 2 June, 2011
The World Health Organisation has said preliminary tests suggest the wave of E.coli infection affecting Europeans has been caused by a new, mutant form of two different E. coli bacteria.
The head of Germany’s public health body has admitted that that “we may never know” the true source of the contamination, which has now claimed 17 lives.
# food-poisoning - Wednesday 1 June, 2011
The Spanish agriculture sector has been plunged into turmoil, with €200 million being lost each week and thousands of workers laid off in a country already suffering the highest unemployment rate in the EU.
# food-poisoning - Tuesday 31 May, 2011
European authorities have warned that the situation is likely to worsen, with 14 people dead in Germany and suspected cases of E.coli infection reported in Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, the Netherlands and the UK.
# food-poisoning - Monday 30 May, 2011
# food-poisoning - Monday 23 August, 2010
HERE’S A THOUGHT that might put you off breakfast: if you were in America, you’d have been advised not to mop up your runny egg yolk with some toast.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued the bizarre advice yesterday as it told consumers to thoroughly cook their eggs – and not to use toast to mop up any leftovers – in the wake of a massive national salmonella outbreak.
Speaking on TV yesterday, FDA head Margaret Hamburg said people could cut their personal risk of contracting salmonella by thoroughly cooking eggs and by avoiding cultivating “runny egg yolks for mopping up with toast”.
If an egg was cooked with a runny yolk, consumers were advised not to eat it.
About 1,300 people have contracted the food poisoning so far in the nationwide outbreak, though the number is expected to increase. The bug has been traced to one of two farms in Iowa, with about 550 million eggs being recalled by their distributors. The two plants share a common feed supplier. The recall could be extended as further farms are examined.
Hamburg also said that the FDA needed to be able to take a more “preventive approach” to food safety issues, rather than the current status quo where it adopted a reactive stance to potential food scares rather than being able to prevent them.
To put the scare in context, Americans consume about 47 billion shell eggs a year, as well as an additional number of egg-based products.
# food-poisoning - Tuesday 10 August, 2010
THE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION OF IRELAND has confirmed that Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni was brought to hospital overnight after suffering from nausea and vomiting.
In a statement this morning, the FAI said Trapattoni had flown into Ireland on Sunday in advance of tomorrow evening’s glamour friendly against Argentina, but had felt unwell since his arrival.
He had been treated by the FAI’s team doctor, Dr Alan Byrne, who brought the 71-year-old Italian to the Mater Hospital at 3am this morning when he continued to vomit.
It said Trapattoni would undergo tests at the hospital this morning, but is in a stable condition there. Assistant boss Marco Tardelli will take charge of training this morning at Malahide, allowing Trapattoni to rest up before tomorrow night’s game, which is the first international game to be held at the new Aviva Stadium at Lansdowne Road.
The statement said that Trapattoni attributed his illness to shellfish he ate in Italy before he left for Dublin.
Tomorrow night’s game is the first international game to be held at the new Aviva Stadium at Lansdowne Road.