This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
Dublin: 12 °C Thursday 2 July, 2020
Advertisement

Hoverboard causes fire in Dublin house after bursting into flames while charging

Nobody was injured in the blaze.

A HOVERBOARD WHICH burst into flames while being charged caused a fire in a Dublin house this evening.

Dublin Fire Brigade were called to the blaze in Artane after the device overheated when charging and caught fire.

Flames from the hoverboard spread to a nearby laptop and couch.

The house was smoke logged in the incident but the fire was contained and nobody was injured in the blaze.

#Open journalism No news is bad news Support The Journal

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support us now

Hoverboards were a popular gift at Christmas but have since been recalled by several retailers.

Read: Warning after electric blanket caused this fire>

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

Read next:

COMMENTS (25)