This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 4 °C Tuesday 19 November, 2019
Advertisement

Irish band rescue family, including a baby and three children, from US house fire

The band are donating the proceeds from their merchandise sales to help the family rebuild their home.

Image: Dissension Rising via Facebook

MEMBERS OF A Kildare band have been hailed as heroes after saving more than a dozen people, including a baby and three children, from a house fire in the US.

Dissension Rising woke up to the sound of a smoke alarm while staying at a friend’s house while on tour in Atlantic City, New Jersey.

The band then woke up their four friends and they all escaped out to the street where they then heard screams coming from a basement apartment – where a family were trying to escape.

13092160_769358809866820_6310804336544371951_n

The four musicians, aged 17 to 21, and their manager and driver immediately began to help get the family out.

According to local media in Atlantic City, it took 27 firefighters to bring the fire under control.

13244733_769358776533490_1912162575558227215_n

Singer Danni Carroll (18), lead guitarist Keith Garrett (21), drummer Kian Johnston (17), rhythm guitarist Rob Higgins (20), manager Dorothea Carroll (57) and driver Justin Carroll (42) have all been widely praised for their actions.

The vicious fire caused significant damage to the house but there were no reported injuries.

An eight-month-old baby was among those saved along with three other children under the age of five. The mother of one of the children said:

If Dissension Rising hadn’t spent the night at Dane’s house, my son would be dead today. They saved everyone in that house. I will always be indebted to this band. God bless you guys.

It’s believed that the blaze was an electrical fire that started on the first floor.

11411533_1463252374.471_updates Source: Go Fund Me

The band have now decided to donate the proceeds from their merchandise sales to help the family rebuild their home. A GoFundMe page has also been set up which states:

“The Vasquez family along with housemate Dane Romantino lost pretty much everything due to an electrical fire that broke out in their home.  All clothes, furniture, instruments, and even an in home recording studio were destroyed. While, thankfully, everyone (including the cats!) came out safe, they are in dire need of financial support so they can rebuild and get on their feet again.”

Read: Driver cut out of car after becoming trapped in rollover>

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

Read next:

COMMENTS (17)