EVERY MORNING,TheJournal.ie brings you the stories you need to know as you wake up.
1. #LUAS: Another 48-hour work stoppage by Luas drivers has begun, leaving 90,000 commuters searching for alternatives.
2. #WEXFORD: The Health Minister says he is concerned that 12 cases of bowel cancer were missed at Wexford General Hospital.
3. #TURKEY: Turkey’s President Recep Ergodgan has vowed retaliation after a bomb blast killed 28 and wounded 61 at a military base in the capital Ankara.
4. #BREXIT: EU leaders will meet with British Prime Minister David Cameron today in an attempt to convince Britain to stay in the EU.
5. #WEATHER: A snow-ice warning has been put in place in several counties and it’s generally baltic out.
6. #REDMOND: Former Dublin planner George Redmond, a central figure in the Mahon Tribunal, has died.
7. #BENEFITS: Ireland is bottom of the pile in terms of social benefits, a new study shows.
8. #BUSINESS TIME: Two-thirds of Irish companies don’t feel the State is doing enough to help them.
9. #APPEAL: An appeal has been made to give two Irish brothers a respectful burial in London.