This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 10 °C Saturday 19 October, 2019
Advertisement

WiFi provider Bitbuzz sees over one million logins made in March

The week leading up to St Patrick’s day saw more than a quarter of a million logins made through the service.

Grafton Street is one of the areas Bitbuzz covers.
Grafton Street is one of the areas Bitbuzz covers.
Image: Sam Boal/Photocall Ireland

THE IRISH-OWNED WiFi provider Bitbuzz has had its busiest month to date after it saw more than one million logins made in March.

The company, which provides WiFi networks  hotels, cafes and public areas, saw over a quarter of a million logins made during the week leading up to St Patrick’s day alone.

The 16th of March was the busiest day with 43,893 logins made while the total number of logins in March represents an 82 per cent increase year-on-year.

The Managing Director of Bitbuzz, Shane Deasy, said these figures were a key indicator for further growth in the market.

Reaching over 1,000,000 logins in March is a continued indication that there is a rapidly growing demand for high quality, out of home Wi-Fi access… as long as we continue to deliver a top quality service, the market will respond positively.”

The company, which was founded in 2003, now has 2.35 million registered users and recently installed its 500th hotspot, located in the Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa in Sligo town.  78 per cent of Bitbuzz hotspots are based in Ireland while the UK has the remaining 22 per cent.

In February, the average amount of data downloaded on its netwrok per day was 1,831GB.

Read: Claremorris to become the first fibre town in Ireland >

Read: Is it too expensive to do business in Ireland? >

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

Quinton O'Reilly

Read next:

COMMENTS (17)