We need your help now

Support from readers like you keeps The Journal open.

You are visiting us because we have something you value. Independent, unbiased news that tells the truth. Advertising revenue goes some way to support our mission, but this year it has not been enough.

If you've seen value in our reporting, please contribute what you can, so we can continue to produce accurate and meaningful journalism. For everyone who needs it.


Firefighters warn of the dangers of leaving candles unattended

“Candles can get the heart racing, sometimes for the wrong reason … “

DUBLIN FIRE BRIGADE have warned the public about the dangers of leaving candles unattended in rooms.

A photograph of a badly burnt door was posted on its official Twitter account with a warning to “never leave candles unattended in a room”.

Candles can get the heart racing, sometimes for the wrong reason … the sound of a smoke alarm.

Earlier today the DFB launched its Halloween safety campaign Be Safe, Stay Safe.

During the launch firefighters demonstrated what happens when water is thrown on a chip pan fire.

Read: Woman says she smothered three sons as she “didn’t want to see them suffer”>

Readers like you are keeping these stories free for everyone...
A mix of advertising and supporting contributions helps keep paywalls away from valuable information like this article. Over 5,000 readers like you have already stepped up and support us with a monthly payment or a once-off donation.

Your Voice
Readers Comments
    Submit a report
    Please help us understand how this comment violates our community guidelines.
    Thank you for the feedback
    Your feedback has been sent to our team for review.